Collections & Recovery Data Management Steward
|Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
- The Collections and Recovery Data Management Steward Position is a support role for Data Governance. The incumbent will gain exposure to all aspects of data governance and will be assigned to support the owner(s) of one or more data categories. He/she will be responsible for the end to end documentation/tracking of data elements, establish and maintain quality controls, and facilitate and complete data certification activities. This includes custom reporting, the design and development of new processes, root cause analysis on data integrity issues and collaboration with Line of Business data stewards in all aspects of data governance. He/she will assist in standardizing quality monitoring rules and development of preventive measures to ensure quality of shared data.
· Job Responsibilities:
- Support the assigned Data Owner with various activities associated with the certification of data, including:
- Review and/or define specific data element business definition values in partnership with the business process owners, Data Domain leads and assigned Data Solution Architects.
- Review and/or capture metadata, review profiling results, document issues and establish data quality monitoring required providing certification.
- Submit new elements, change requests, certification requests to the Data Management Council for approval.
- Collaboration with multiple lines of business on the management, research, impact analysis and root cause analysis of data integrity issues of shared data.
- Creation of dashboards and reporting on certification activities and monitoring of data integrity issues within tracking tools.
- Supports business processes with data development needs.
- Understands the business processes and the interactions with data entities/elements.
- Facilitates the management of data for their line of business which includes end to end documentation/tracking, ensure quality metadata exists, data lineage is understood, data quality rules are enforced and certification to the system of record is completed.
- Partners with impacted parties to secure necessary approvals of data solution defined.
- Understands how data is used across their line of business and the end to end process/data flows.
- Supports Data Modeling and Naming Standards – Adhere to data management guidelines when defining logical data (e.g. business name/definitions, data length, data type, valid values) and collaborate with multiple lines of business on shared data.
- Defines the data quality business rules, identify data quality issues and owns the short term and strategic remediation through resolution.
- Creates methods of tracking and reporting status on milestones and deliverables.
- Communicates status to management and stakeholders as necessary through summary reports, review decks, project plans, agendas, minutes, issue / risk tracking, etc.
- An undergraduate degree in business or operations research, Management, Finance, Engineering, Math and a or equivalent work experience preferable
- 3+ years experience in Line of Business data or the equivalent
- Strong data analytical skills, process, problem solving and detail oriented
- Strong issues management and resolution skills
- Strong partnership record and ability to build effective business relationships
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to successfully influence and motivate cross-functional teams without direct control
- Ability to work under minimal direction and use independent judgment in decision-making
- Very proficient with MS Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and SQL
- Proven experience working across multiple business areas in a rapidly changing environment
- Direct work experience with data in a Line of Business capacity and knowledge of data management techniques and best practices a plus
- Participate in the re-focusing of JPMC’s Consumer Bank as we transition to a customer centric operating model. You will have the opportunity to guide fundamental changes in organization, people, process, and technology.
· Key Competencies:
- Data research and analytics
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Team work
- Conflict management
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
US-DE-Wilmington-One Christina Center / 52381
US-OH-Columbus-1000 Polaris / 58421, US-FL-Heathrow-Orlando 600 / 52374, US-FL-Tampa-FS1-4915 Independence Pkw / 02976
CONSUMER & COMMUNITY BANKING
Corporate Brand Chase